- State of the art multi-mission EO/MWIR surveillance system
- Exceptional imaging performance with 2160p QFHD video at 30 fps with full processing
- 15x continuous optical zoom MWIR with 1.5° nFOV
- Super-resolution zoom 30x (90x with 480p)
- Most powerful in class onboard processor
- Picture-in-picture dual video stream
- Integrated high precision GPS/INS module
- Moving map software
- Direct drive stabilization
- Super-rugged design
- ITAR-free product for maximum exportability
The newly launched Epsilon 180 imaging technology combines a global shutter EO sensor with Full HD video featuring 67x optical zoom and a state-of-the-art cooled MWIR sensor with 15x optical zoom for super long-range tracking. Among many other features, including an integrated laser range finder with up to 20 km measuring range and a laser pointer, this makes Epsilon 180 airborne surveillance camera system an ideal choice for unmanned aerial vehicles and small manned aviation platforms used for long-range surveillance, border control, military purposes, and a variety of civil applications.
- Onboard Image Processing. The multi-mission Epsilon 180 surveillance system features the most powerful onboard processor in its class as well as a variety of software features including image stabilization, automatic target tracking, and moving target indicator. The onboard processing leads to a rock-solid target tracking performance and eliminates communication latency issues. The new Epsilon 180 requires lower bandwidth datalinks and a high-quality video stream along with snapshots can be stored in HD quality onboard.
- Target Tracking. Epsilon 180 is capable of hands-free tracking of moving or stationary objects day and night. This camera system offers superior image quality with outstanding image stabilization performance at less than 50 µRad RMS. Epsilon 180 ISR payload also integrates a high-performance Inertial Navigation System (INS), a high-precision, fully integrated solution for Geo Pointing and real-time target Geo-Location.
- Rugged, Lightweight, and Environmentally Sealed. The system is IP64 rated and features a sealed structure filled with dry gas, enabling it to operate in any weather conditions. Epsilon 180 advanced magnesium structure without any 3D printed parts is optimized to handle harsh conditions including shock during landing and rapid acceleration during catapult take-off.
- Direct Drive Stabilization. Direct drive torque motor stabilization produces stable video even at 67x optical zoom or up to 1.5° vertical field of view.
- Four Sensors. Epsilon 180 is available with multiple sensors, including global shutter CMOS Full HD daylight sensor with a resolution of 1920×1080p, high sensitivity 640x512p cooled MWIR sensor with a unique 18 - 275 mm, F5.5 lens, laser rangefinder as well as laser pointer.
- Electronic Video Stabilization. Electronic stabilization with roll correction removes the high-frequency jitter often found on small unmanned aircraft platforms. This significantly reduces the operator workload and allows to concentrate on the mission objective.
- Onboard h.265 and h.264 encoder. The video is encoded with h.265 or h.264 compression format to support IP datalink options and to reduce datalink system bandwidth requirements.
- ITAR-free. Epsilon 180 is non–ITAR product for maximum exportability and is available worldwide.
- Plug and Play. Epsilon 180 can be installed in either nose- or belly-mounted positions, offering installation design flexibility for the integrators. When mounted, simply connect the Epsilon 180 to power, network and serial communication cable – and it’s ready to use. No need for any additional time-consuming integration.