- Penguin B platform ready for payload and autopilot integration
- 20+ hour endurance with a fuel-injected engine option
- Up to 10 kg payload capacity
- 80 W or 100 W onboard generator system
- Free Piccolo® autopilot configuration files
- Catapult, car-top or runway takeoff
- Wide range of standard subsystems and options
- Extensive documentation set
- Short lead time for standard configurations
- 4-day integrator training available
Penguin B Overview
Penguin B is a high-performance semi-integrated small UAV platform available for final assembly and customization by UAV system integrators. The Penguin B has been available since 2009, and it has been sold to UAV system integrators in more than 43 countries. Due to its proven design and many options to choose from, Penguin B has become the most widely used small UAV platform by system integrators, research organizations and universities.
Penguin B allows users to kick-start small fixed-wing UAV production with the use of an industry-proven airframe and compatible subsystems and components.
Designed as a high-performance unmanned airframe, Penguin B is capable of up to 26.5-hour endurance with a 4 kg payload. With a small footprint of 3.3-meter wingspan, Penguin B can handle up to 11.5 kg of combined fuel and payload weight. A modular composite structure, fast assembly, large access hatches and universal removable payload bay are the key features of the Penguin B innovative design.
Penguin B is available as semi-integrated airframe ready for the autopilot and payload integration by the customers that have competency in aircraft integration. UAV Factory also provides a 4-day Penguin B integration course, which is highly recommended to ensure successful integration projects are delivered in a short time.
While Penguin B integration requires additional effort, Penguin C is available UAV Factory's ready-to-fly fully integrated UAV.
The sleek and efficient design gives best in class performance. Optimized for endurance, Penguin B airframe has enough internal volume to lift 7.5 litres of fuel which will provide 20+ hours endurance with the fuel-injected engine. Optimized high lift flap system provides stall speeds of <13 m/s while giving excellent flight handling qualities due to a well designed V-tail geometry.
All components of the Penguin B are easily removable and completely interchangeable. Wing splits into three 1.1 meter sections and the V-tail splits in two parts. High-end industrial-grade push-pull connectors are installed in tail-boom joints as standard. The quick-release fastening is used extensively in Penguin B airframe. Access covers are equipped with DZUS type 1/4 to turn quick fasteners, tail-booms are equipped with a purpose developed quick-release aluminium joints.
- Piccolo® autopilot configuration files for Penguin B customers are available free of charge
- CAD model of Penguin B available to simplify the payload and autopilot integration for the clients
- Extensive documentation is provided with Penguin B aircraft and subsystems
- Available with UAV Factory's own UAV28-EFI turnkey fuel-injected engine
- Efficient gasoline engine with electronic fuel injection and 80 W or 100 W power generator system
- Takeoff from anywhere using a portable pneumatic catapult
- Optional heavy-duty landing gear allows landing on rough terrain
- Heated pitot-static probe for preventing ice formation
- Quick-release joints for quick assembly
- Industrial electrical connectors
- Portable ground control station. Compatible with Cloud Cap Piccolo®, Procerus Technologies Kestrel® and Micropilot® autopilot systems.