Penguin B VTOL MAIN FEATURES
- 8+ hours flight endurance
- 7.2 kilograms of payload capacity or 11.7 kilograms combined fuel and payload
- Simple and quick assembly – performed in under 15 minutes by one technician
- Takeoff in any terrain
- Capable of safe takeoff and landing in over 15 m/s wind
- High-performance platform ready for payload and autopilot integration
- Wide range of options and accessories available
- Free autopilot configuration files for Pixhawk are available
- 4-day integrator training available
- Interchangeable batteries
- Full documentation included
The VTOL version of the Penguin B is a high-performance semi-integrated small UAV platform available for final assembly and customization by UAV system integrators. B VTOL brings new features to the Penguin B family. It is built for fast assembly - quick-release joints and floating connectors assure simple and quick assembly performed in under 15 minutes by one technician. The model is equipped with high-performance quick replacement VTOL batteries and has an in-line propeller stopping design for reduced air drag during level flight. Penguin B VTOL can be chosen with various options such as EFI engine, transponder, tracking antennas, portable GCS, bigger fuel tank, a more powerful generator, pitot-static tubes, and more.
Penguin B VTOL allows users to kick-start small fixed-wing UAV production with the use of an industry-proven airframe and compatible subsystems and components. Penguin B VTOL is available as a semi-integrated airframe ready for autopilot and payload integration by the customers that have competency in aircraft integration. UAV Factory also provides a 4-day Penguin B integration course, which is highly recommended to ensure successful integration projects are delivered in a short time.
While Penguin B VTOL integration requires additional effort, Penguin C VTOL is coming soon and it will be UAV Factory's ready-to-fly fully integrated VTOL UAV.
Designed as a high-performance unmanned airframe, Penguin B VTOL is capable of up to 8+ hours of flight endurance with the fuel-injected engine. Penguin B VTOL can handle up to 11.7 kg of combined fuel and payload weight. A modular composite structure, fast assembly, large access hatches, and universal removable payload bay are the key features of the Penguin B VTOL innovative design. An optimized smart design makes the aircraft capable of safe takeoff and landing in over 15 m/s wind.
All components of the Penguin B VTOL are easily removable and completely interchangeable.
- Universal Payload Mount for various payload installations; Payloads can be easily and quickly swapped by removing and installing together with the Mount.
- Wing splits into three sections and the V-tail splits into two parts for simpler transportation.
- High-end industrial-grade push-pull connectors for V-tail.
- Industrial self-adjusting floating connectors for booms and wingtips are connected automatically when the parts are paired together.
- A quick-release fastening is used extensively in the Penguin B VTOL airframe.
- Payload bay access covers and VTOL Battery lids are equipped with DZUS type 1/4 to turn quick fasteners
- CAD model of Penguin B VTOL available to simplify the payload and autopilot integration for the clients. Extensive documentation is provided with Penguin B VTOL aircraft and subsystems.
- Available with UAV Factory's own UAV28-EFI turnkey fuel-injected engine. Efficient gasoline engine with electronic fuel injection and 80 W or 100 W power generator system.
- Free Pixhawk configuration files