- Electric platform ready for payload and autopilot integration
- 110-minute endurance with 2.8 kg (6.2 lb) payload
- 23 litres of payload volume
- Up to 6.6 kg (14.5 lb) payload capacity
- 6 V and 12 V onboard power output
- Quickly replaceable battery cartridge
- Low noise signature
- Low vibration level
- Free Piccolo® autopilot configuration files
- Catapult, car-top or runway takeoff
- Wide range of standard subsystems and options
- Extensive documentation set
- Short lead time for standard configurations
- 4-day integrator training available
Electric Penguin BE unmanned aircraft platform shares the same flexibility as original gas engine Penguin B unmanned aircraft. The electric version is a perfect choice for short-duration missions. Electric propulsion offers simple and clean operation with excellent reliability and simple maintenance. It has outstanding low noise and low vibration characteristics. The aircraft is available as a platform, ready for the autopilot and payload integration by the customer.
The sleek and efficient design gives best in class performance. Highly efficient, optimized electric propulsion with the matched propeller allows up to 110 minutes of endurance with 2.8 kg (6.2 lb) payload. The maximum payload capacity is 6.6 kg (14.5 lb). The optimized high lift flap system provides stall speeds of less than 13 m/s (25.3 knots).
The 640 Wh battery cartridge is custom made from 48 Lithium Polymer cells and has 145 Wh/kg specific energy. The cartridge has a rugged aluminium structure and integrated PCB that reduces the amount of wiring and simplifies charging. Battery cartridge can be changed in less than 1 minute.
All components of the Penguin BE are easily removable and completely interchangeable. Wing splits into three 1.1 meter sections and the V-tail splits in two parts. High-end industrial-grade push-pull connectors are installed in tail-boom joints as standard. The quick-release fastening is used extensively in the Penguin B airframe. Access covers are equipped with DZUS type 1/4 to turn quick fasteners, tail-booms are equipped with a purpose developed quick-release aluminium joints. Battery cartridge is fastened with the quick release spring-loaded pins.
- Piccolo® autopilot configuration files for Penguin B are available at no cost
- CAD model of Penguin B available to simplify the payload and autopilot integration for the clients
- Extensive Documentation for Penguin BE aircraft and subsystems
- Plug and play 640 Wh battery cartridge
- Highly efficient, optimized brushless electric propulsion
- Takeoff from anywhere using a portable pneumatic catapult
- Optional heavy-duty landing gear allows landing on rough terrain
- Heated Pitot probe for preventing ice formation
- Quick-release joints for quick assembly
- Industrial electrical connectors
- Portable control station. Compatible with Cloud Cap Piccolo®, Procerus Technologies Kestrel®, Micropilot® autopilot systems.